This mini bundle contains various activities that will teach students about sound! This product includes the following activities:
• Sound Vocabulary PowerPoint & Foldable - This product contains a PowerPoint with 11 important vocabulary words relating to sound. It is a perfect introduction for students to understand the important vocabulary in kid friendly terms. It also contains 2 foldables for students to glue into interactive notebooks to record definitions of vocabulary words on.
This product contains the following vocabulary words:
amplitude, frequency, crest, sound, trough, vibrate, wave, wavelength, medium, pitch, and volume
It also give students visual pictures to show what a wave, crest, trough, wavelength, and amplitude is.
• QR Code Task Cards - This set of 16 task cards is more fun and more engaging than ordinary task cards. Students are provided with QR codes to scan websites and/or videos for an interactive way to learn about sound. A recording sheet is provided for students as well as an answer key for teachers. This is a great activity for introducing the concept and having students learn about sound before teaching the unit or review the content. Concepts covered include: definition of sound, volume, amplitude, crest, frequency, trough, wavelength, medium, pitch, and acoustics. It also helps students understand these terms and definitions. It has students look at sound waves and label the various parts.
• Study Jam Note Taker - corresponds with the studyjams.com sound video
• Sound Wave Candy Activity - This product allows students to use various candies to create and label the parts of a sound wave. Then, students will use their candy sound wave to answer various questions about the different parts of a wave. This is a great way to either introduce what a sound wave is to students, assess their understanding in a fun and engaging way, or both!
• Sound Vocabulary Memory Game - Students will love reviewing sound vocabulary by playing the classic game of memory! Simply print, laminate, and cut the cards in this product. Students lay them face down, and then flip them over to match terms with definitions. There are 13 vocabulary words.
This product is aligned to the following state standards:
S4P2. Students will demonstrate how sound is produced by vibrating objects and how sound can be varied by changing the rate of vibration.
a. Investigate how sound is produced.
b. Recognize the conditions that cause pitch to vary.
I hope you and your students find this bundle helpful and engaging! Please remember to leave feedback!
- Kara Lee