Also included in
- This collection contains my complete set of 14 Speed Quizzing activities. Each activity contains 32 questions that relate directly to the topic. It is a growing bundle, which means that it is constantly being added to. This bundle represents a savings of at least 65% vs. purchasing each individually$50.47$100.81Save $50.34
- Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover different aspects of your physics curriculum. These resources will ensure your students are interested and engaged throughout your unit. The bundle comes equipped with 6 lab station activities and 5 digital scavenger hunts. By purchasing this$49.97$99.89Save $49.92
- Sound and Hearing - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. By purchasing this bundle you will save 53% vs. purchasing the individual components separately. Also, I've included my Sound Transfer STEM Activity for your convenience. Lesson Objectives: Throughout this 5E lesson, students will learn abou$15.99$31.96Save $15.97
This fully editable Lab Station Activity on Sound, Sound Energy, and Speed is meant to get your students out of their seats and engaged in the content. Each station not only offers a unique opportunity to test your students knowledge (offer an opinion, answer questions based on a video or reading, draw, etc.), but also provides a fantastic learning opportunity where your kids are learning through assessment. Each station comes with a description card while some also contain more detailed instructions, a reading, questions to answer, etc. Students are equipped with a recording sheet (passport) to write their answers. There is almost no prep for you. Simply print the cards, lay them out around the room and you're all set. An answer key is also provided where applicable.
This lab activity covers:
- Sound Energy
- The Speed of Sound
- "Great interactive activity. I used it as a revision lesson before a test to help the students review their content in a more active way."
- "Another great resource! Thanks for saving me time!"
- "Students were really engaged and was a great extension
Bonus Activities: To ensure your students don’t have any downtime between stations, your lab also includes a 10-word word scramble and word search, both with an answer key. You can use them as part of their mark, as a bonus so it’s not mandatory, etc. However you choose to use it, it will ensure that your students are always busy and never idle. Note: For stronger classes, I give the word scramble and for weaker ones, the word search.
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Sound and Sound Energy - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
How do the Lab Stations work? Each station is specially designed to be a unique complement to the material while at the same time, provide a valuable learning experience. Below is an overview of how each station works. In your activity, each will be tailored to the specific content.
Station 1: Get Hands-On – using their creative skills, students are required to draw or build.
Station 2: Research – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must research a specific question/issue surrounding the topic.
Station 3: Explain yourself – students write down an opinion to a question in paragraph form.
Station 4: Rest Station - students can use this time to catch up on work they didn't have time to complete at a previous station or prepare themselves for an upcoming one.
Station 5 - Applicability reading – students read a short passage from an article, website, etc. which directly connects the classroom content to a real life application.
Station 6: Test your knowledge – students answer 5 multiple choice questions then provide a written explanation for how/why they came to their conclusions.
Station 7: Learn from the expert – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must watch a short video clip and answer the associated questions. They may stop, rewind and restart as often as they like during the time frame.
Station 8 - Rest Station.
Station 9: Become the question master – Students must create 2 multiple-choice questions, 2 true/false questions and 1 short answer question. Students must also supply the answers.
You might also be interested in my other lab station activities
Ecology and the Environment:
These station cards are meant to be used as a lab activity but can also be utilized in a review task before a test or a quiz. Used either way, your students will love it! I know mine do and I'm telling you from first-hand experience as I've used this activity in my own class.
Thank you for your interest in my products. If you have any questions, please send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org