Also included in
- This collection contains my complete set of 14 Speed Quizzing activities. Each activity contains 32 questions that relate directly to the topic. It is a growing bundle, which means that it is constantly being added to. This bundle represents a savings of at least 65% vs. purchasing each individually$50.47$100.81Save $50.34
- Sound and Hearing - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. By purchasing this bundle you will save 53% vs. purchasing the individual components separately. Also, I've included my Sound Transfer STEM Activity for your convenience. Lesson Objectives: Throughout this 5E lesson, students will learn abou$15.99$31.96Save $15.97
- This physics package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Waves and Sound. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons, activities, and a full, day-by-day breakdown on how I teach this unit in my own classroom. By purchasing this unit vs. purchasing the resources individually, you$20.97$40.94Save $19.97
Sound, Sound Energy and Speed. The lesson first reviews sound including how it is heard and how it is created. It then requires the students to perform an inquiry activity into the how noise cancelling headphones work. Lastly the speed of sound is examined including how its speed changes in different temperatures. To reinforce this, the lesson includes multiple practice questions. There are 2 videos embedded right into the lesson. Simply view the lesson in slideshow mode and click the video image. The video will automatically open in your browser. The videos are embedded on my site so that I can keep them updated and replace them if needed.
The PowerPoint contains diagrams, examples and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint) and 2 videos. I have used this lesson in my own classroom with great success.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- 2 embedded videos
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Creating Sound
- Moving Sound
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- The Speed of Sound
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Sound and Sound Energy - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Within my complete Waves and Sound Unit you can find the following lesson packages:
The entire Waves and Sound Unit can be purchased at a 32% discount BY CLICKING HERE
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point lesson is structured and evaluate my work.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.