PATCH is a guided, easy to use acronym for remembering the steps to close reading along with gradual release of responsibilities activities.
Developed for grade 1, 2, and 3 this packet is aligned with Common Core and the Next-Gen standards for sound waves. This packet is meant to guide students through the close read process with an easy to remember acronym and gradual release of responsibilities text-dependent questions and activities.
This packet includes:
- Sound Wave Close Read (350 Lexile)
- Text-dependent questions
- Hands-On Activity
- Interactive Notebook version of the above
- 6 Literacy Stations that incorporate the Sound Waves Close Read
- Annotating Poster & Bookmarks
- Vocabulary Cards with interactive notebook pocket
Look for more PATCH Close Reads for 1st & 2nd grade science!
Follow us to learn when more individual and bundled close reads are developed!
You might also like:
Presidents' Day PATCH Close Read Packet
Snowman: States of Matter PATCH Close Read Packet