Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.07 MB | 14 pages
Get your students thinking critically and creatively about poetry, and specifically the role of sound, with this lesson plan.
- Warm-up by developing an original poem meant to evoke an emotion
- Analyze "Auto Wreck" and "Alabanza" by reviewing vocabulary words (printable list included)
- Complete an additional creative writing exercise to develop an 'ugly' poem
- Guide critical thinking with careful questions
- Facilitate activities with clear, step-by-step instructions
- Model vocabulary-rich and evidence-driven analysis with answers to all prompts
- Lead great original writing with an interactive presentation
- Help students to connect poetry to recent history and a modern topic to expand their thinking about the role and purpose of poetry