Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.64 MB | 13 pages
Get your students thinking critically and creatively about poetry, and specifically the role of sound, with this lesson plan.
- Warm-up by thinking about the origin of a variety of words
- Analyze "Baltimore Uproar by Romare Bearden" -- both the poem and painting
- Complete a creative writing exercise to develop a poem draft that describes a familiar place
- Guide critical thinking with careful questions
- Facilitate activities with clear, step-by-step instructions
- Model vocabulary-rich and evidence-driven analysis with answers to all prompts
- Lead great original writing with an interactive presentation
- Make an interdisciplinary connection to the visual arts with guided discussion of an American mural