Get your students thinking critically and creatively about poetry, and specifically the role of sound, with this collection of lesson plans based on the Sound in poetry packet.
- Analyze professional poems about a variety of topics, and that highlight a variety of techniques
- Practice creative writing to expand their thinking about, and appreciation for, well-written literature
- Model own original poems after experts, following step-by-step instructions to craft interesting and technique-driven poetry
- Learn and use new vocabulary about sound techniques
- Participate in engaging and fun games and activities to build skills and understanding
- Have everything you need to start a Common Core-aligned mini-unit today!
- Guide critical thinking with careful questions, scaffolded lessons, and differentiated activities
- Move students towards more complex understanding of writers’ use of sound techniques and independent use of a variety of writing techniques