Literacy Game – sorting with the sounds of ai, ay, and aCe.
Students look at the cards, determine the name of the object and its spelling, and then place onto the correct sorting mat. Students will use the answer card to check answers.
1. Glue the game title on the front cover of a pocket folder (no three-hole brads).
2. Glue the directions on the back of the pocket folder.
3. Laminate the entire folder, the game cards, sorting mats, and answer cards.
4. Use a pair of sharp edge scissors or razor blade to slice open the inside pockets.
5. Place the game cards in one pocket and the sorting mats in the other pocket.
6. Place the answer card in the pocket with the sorting mats but place it face towards the folder.