* These "Sound/Spelling Cards" are designed to compliment the use of SRA's Open Court program. However, they can be used independently or alongside other reading programs.
* Each card is represented with a name, picture, sound, and spelling. (For example, "Nn" is represented by the "nose" card, includes a picture of a horse's nose, and the spellings "n" and "kn_" that are made by the sound of this consonant.)
* There are 49 cards in all, including consonants, digraphs, diphthongs, long vowels, and short vowels.
* Consonants and digraphs are highlighted in gray, diphthongs are highlighted in blue, long vowels are highlighted in yellow, and short vowels are highlighted in green.
* The digraphs and diphthongs included are: ar, au_/aw, ch/tch, er/ir/ur, _ew/oo/u/u_e/_ue, ng, oi/_oy, oo, ou_/ow, sh, th, & wh.
* There are are two choices for the consonants Cc and Kk, either combined (as the SRA Open Court program dictates) or each having their own card.
* There are also two choices for each short vowel, either with the vowel sound located either at the beginning or middle of the "Sound/Spelling Card" name.
Sound/Spelling Cards by Kindergarten Cuties is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License