The 62 ABC bracelets in this easily differentiated, no-grading-required homework for Preschoolers & Kindergartners use QR codes to link parents & students to sounds and letters videos for home practice! Kindergarten or Preschool kiddos can wear the bracelets home or teachers can attach them to their backpacks or folders. No more lost flashcards! This low-prep, age-appropriate homework is great for strengthening the connection and communication between school and home, and it empowers parents to help their children master new letters and sounds.
Each homework bracelet also contains the entire alphabet or a labeled picture beginning with the letter or sound, so Kinder kiddos can read the words and show off their reading at home!
♥This is part of my MEGA Kindergarten Homework BUNDLE (with 164+ bracelets)
Why do TEACHERS love this Alphabet Bundle?
1. The QR code bracelets allow for easy differentiation. Give each student bracelets based on their reading remediation and extension needs, or give the entire class the same bracelet as homework to preview or review letters or sounds.
2. Students spend extra time at home working on the ABCs (because, let's face it, there is never enough time at school), and practicing sounds/letters in various contexts helps students better retain them.
3. Parents are kept in the know about what their child is learning without time-consuming daily/weekly newsletters. Easily up the school-home connection and communication!
Why do PARENTS love these bracelets?
1. They know exactly what their child is learning.
2. They no longer feel like they don't know how to help their child. The educational videos empower them with a specific (and fun) way to support their child.
3. The alphabet activity is quick, meaningful, and developmentally appropriate for their Preschool or Kindergarten-aged child.
But do STUDENTS actually like and want to do this ABC homework?
1. Little ones love showing off things they can do! How many times has a kiddo exclaimed, "Mom, Dad, watch me!" before doing something new they just figured out how to do? (Cannon-balling into the pool, spinning in a circle, throwing a stick...) This excitement applies to things they learn at school too, and the simple family activities in this homework allow them to shine!
2. Watching the review videos together encourages positive interactions between child and parent, and is there anything a kiddo loves more than quality time with their parent? :)
Now, when the parent asks, “What did you learn at school today?” the child can proudly share and practice their new learning!
Parent directions print on the back of the bracelets in English and/or Spanish.
The videos linked by QR codes are in English.
62 bracelets (color & black/white options):
Includes practice for letter identification, consistent recognition, and sounds.
See the PREVIEW to view the videos linked via QR code.
A couple ideas
1. Circle or highlight the letters that have proved difficult for individual students to help parents know which letters need extra attention. If you use these bracelets repeatedly, each time marking the difficult letters, parents and students will SEE the learning taking place as fewer letters are marked each time! This is very motivating for students!
2. Students requiring less support can turn off the video sound and read the letters without the audio support. Encourage students and parents to mark the challenging letters and keep the bracelets on the fridge or in a folder for continual review at home.
These ABC Letters & Sounds Bracelets link to educational YouTube videos using QR codes. If you plan to use these bracelets at school (rather than students' homes), please download the preview to test that the videos open on your school device (and on school WiFi) before purchasing. This is because some districts block YouTube, but it won't be an issue if parents use their own devices to access the videos at home. I value your time!
Any FREE QR Code Reader will work
from the App Store (for iPhones & iPads) or Google Play (for Android phones and tablets).
Copyright 2015, Amber Genzink, Teachering. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. The reproduction or distribution of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. At the time of purchase, additional copies of products can be purchased at half price at my Teachers Pay Teachers store for sharing with others. Duplicating any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. This would make the product available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Thank you for respecting my time and work. I appreciate your business and support!