In this lesson, each letter has a keyword to help students hear and remember the letter sound. While it is not necessary for students to memorize the keywords, they may use the beginning sound of each word to assist in sound production.
Producing correct sounds may be difficult for students with learning challenges and second language learners. The strategies, included in this lesson, will assist in whole class instruction eliminating the need to peel off certain students for individual instruction.
1. Teaching Voiced and Unvoiced Sounds Page 2
2. Air Tracing for Sound Retention Page 2
3. Lip and Tongue Placement Page 2
4. Teaching Guide for Sound Production Pages 3-8
5. Introduction to Sound/Symbol Student Flash Cards Page 9
6. Flashlight Activity Page 9
7. Concentration Activity Page 10
8. Flash Card Practice Activity Page 11
9. Match the Letter with Key Word Activity Page 25-
10. Letter and Key Word Activity Cards Pages 26-51