Peek your student’s interest in South Asia with this engaging and thought-provoking lesson! The 5-E guided format introduces the region’s culture, geography, economy, and history with fun activities, intriguing facts, and captivating photos! Your classes will be hooked and ready to learn more about South Asia! Student-centered, high-interest activities make this an excellent way to begin your new unit!
- Engage: “Memory Game- India” – Fun Hook Activity
- Explore: Vocabulary, Notes, Background Information
- Explain: “ESI: Economic Scene Investigator” – Photo Analysis Activity
- Elaborate: South Asia Map Activity – Students analyze a variety of maps/charts to learn about the region
TEACHER CHOICE: Instructions to make this independent work, collaborative group work, or a walk-around activity
- Evaluate: Student Exit Ticket Handout – Big Idea Questions
Your Purchase Includes:
- A 5-E Guided Lesson PowerPoint Presentation
- 1 Student Notes Handout
- 1 Student Worksheet for Map Activity
- Map poster set for activity (8 posters)
- 1 Student Exit Ticket Handout
- Teacher Answer Key
- A Teacher Quick Reference Guide
Aligned with Social Studies Standards: Common Core, TEKS, ELPS, and NCSS grades 6-8
Enjoy the lesson with your class! Check my TpT store for more fun and unique lessons! Thanks!
Follow My Store!
- To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Social Studies Stuff on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post new products and have sales.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits
- Don’t forget to leave feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback also earns you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive feedback!