*** Girl Scout Troop Leader Material ***
This "Sow What? Journey-in-a-Weekend Guide" allows you to fast-track your Scouts to accomplish the "Sow What?" Journey and prepare your troop to achieve the Gold Award!
- This “Sow What? Journey-in-a-Weekend Guide” is a 16-page document that
- The “Sow What? Journey-in-a-Weekend Guide” is in PDF format, allowing easy emailing to your girls, and consistent format when printing on different computers and printers.
- All pages are numbered, to easily reference during meetings.
- Individual lessons and activities in the “Sow What? Journey-in-a-Weekend Guide” may be used during standard weekly, bi-weekly or monthly troop meetings, or the Guide may be used to complete the Journey in one 2-day weekend.
- Perfect for Juliette Scouts, or girls who are part of a troop, but wish to work on their Journey individually at home, on their own time and schedule.
- The “Sow What? Journey-in-a-Weekend Guide” includes the following:
- Questions We Will Answer
- Goals for our Sow What? Journey
- Reading and Q&A (short answer) sections accompanying all major topics of the Girl Scouts "Sow What?" Guidebook.
- Three (3) worksheets: My Favorite Food Footprint; My Food Habits; Biodiversity and Me
- Four (4) Family Activities that can be done as part of normal meal planning and shopping
- 3-step plan to define and execute your Harvest Award Plan
- Harvest Award brainstorming example to get the creative juices flowing on what you might tackle. (Note that the included example is related to the topic of food insecurity and based on organizations in the Los Angeles area, which is our troop's home base.)
Help yourself and your girls be confident and capable as they tackle the "Sow What?" journey - check out the “Sow What? Journey-in-a-Weekend Guide”!
Please email me any questions and thanks for looking!