Help your young science learners gain fluency in using the vocabulary in your solar system science unit by using these cross-curricular literacy and math activities. This packet includes:
* 44 phrase cards, a Beat the Clock partner game to improve fluency, and a follow-up independent activity
* A blank space-themed game board for you to program for your own skills
* Roll, Add, Write!: a partner game that uses space vocabulary to review concepts, including vowels, syllables, and parts of speech
* 10 space-themed math journal prompts, covering addition, subtraction, geometric shapes, elapsed time, coins, 2-digit addition, multiplication as repeated addition, and multiple addends.
* Space Warriors, an addition war game with 162 addition cards at 3 levels of difficulty
* A hundred chart with moon facts
* Shopping for Space Words: independent activity in which students use multiple addends to determine the total value of a space vocabulary word.
Thank you for your interest in this product!
Here are some other cross-curricular science resources from my store.
Animal Classes Literacy and Science
Natural Resources Literacy Activities
Weather Cross-Curricular Literacy Unit
Follow me on Pinterest