Also included in
- A complete teaching package for Space. Your unit comes with nine lessons, lab station activities, projects, bell ringers, activities, and more. Everything you need to teach the unit over 4-5 weeks. Your unit also contains my daily teaching schedule so you'll know what to teach and when as well as a$47.47$86.71Save $39.24
An introduction to Space. This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket to check for student understanding, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with FOUR videos embedded in the lesson.
In order, the lesson covers:
- The hugeness of Space
- Distances in Space
- Astronomical Units
- Light Years
- The vast number of stars
- Space facts
- Voyager 1
- Space travel
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Word versions of the resources
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- FOUR videos embedded into the presentation
- Student lesson handout
- "The presentations are very organized as well as all the additional materials. Will purchase more in the future!"
Rating: 5/5 (extremely satisfied)
- "Great introduction; love how it explains the concept of vast distances. Thank you!"
- "My students loved this. Thanks so much."
- "Great intro. Explains how vast space is."
- "Love it"
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson can also be found within the Space Unit by clicking here.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.