Hands-on Moon Phases activity
bundled in a complete Space lesson: MOON PHASES / LUNAR CYCLE. This open-and-go lesson includes videos, reading, and assessment.
Save 100%, it's FREE during this back-to-school sale.
SPACE - Lesson #5 BUNDLE
This is an open-and-go lesson will inspire your students to love science. This Mystery explores why the moon seems to change shape (phases) over the course of a month. They'll solve the Mystery: Why does the moon change shape?
✓ Parent email
- Pre-written email for parents that summarizes your lesson
- Intro video that hooks students and sets up the Mystery
✓ Hands-on activity
- Step-by-step video instructions make it easy
- Printable (and editable) assessment with answer key
- An age-appropriate reading extends the lesson
This meets the NGSS 5th Grade Earth Science standards and the included reading is perfect for Close Reading to support Common Core.
This is lesson #5 in my complete Space Unit:
• Lesson 1 - Day, Night,＆Earth Rotation (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 2 - Earth's Rotation & Time (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 3 - Seasons & Earth's Revolution (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 4 - Seasonal Changes & Sun's Path (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 5 - Moon Phases / Lunar Cycle < [This Lesson]
• Lesson 6 - Planets & Solar System (BUNDLE)
Hi, my name is Doug!
I taught elementary science for seven years and made it my students’ favorite subject. I want to share my approach with you.
Every lesson begins with a Mystery that hooks your students. Then I narrate an unforgettable story told with stunning images and videos, with many opportunities for discussion. Every lesson concludes with a simple hands-on activity which uses supplies you already have (or are easy to get).
I hope my work saves you time & inspires your students.