Hands-on Solar System activity
bundled in a complete Space lesson: PLANETS & SOLAR SYSTEM. This open-and-go lesson includes videos, reading, and assessment.
Save 100%, it's FREE during this back-to-school sale.
SPACE - Lesson #6 BUNDLE
This is an open-and-go lesson will inspire your students to love science. REVISED on Oct. 29th
- View the old version
This Mystery introduces the “wandering stars.” Students will learn what it means to see them with their own eyes, and will learn some interesting discoveries about each one. They'll solve the Mystery: What are the wandering stars?
✓ Parent email
- Pre-written email for parents that summarizes your lesson
- Intro video that hooks students and sets up the Mystery
✓ Hands-on activity
- Step-by-step video instructions make it easy
- Printable (and editable) assessment with answer key
- An age-appropriate reading extends the lesson
This meets the NGSS 5th Grade Earth Science standards and the included reading is perfect for Close Reading to support Common Core.
This is lesson #6 in my complete Space Unit:
• Lesson 1 - Day, Night,＆Earth Rotation (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 2 - Earth's Rotation & Time (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 3 - Seasons & Earth's Revolution (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 4 - Seasonal Changes & Sun's Path (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 5 - Moon Phases / Lunar Cycle (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 6 - Planets & Solar System < [This Lesson]
Hi, my name is Doug!
I taught elementary science for seven years and made it my students’ favorite subject. I want to share my approach with you.
Every lesson begins with a Mystery that hooks your students. Then I narrate an unforgettable story told with stunning images and videos, with many opportunities for discussion. Every lesson concludes with a simple hands-on activity which uses supplies you already have (or are easy to get).
I hope my work saves you time & inspires your students.