Hands-on Universe-in-a-Box activity
bundled in a complete Space lesson: SEASONS & EARTH'S REVOLUTION. This open-and-go lesson includes videos, reading, and assessment.
Save 100%, it's FREE during this back-to-school sale.
SPACE - Lesson #3 BUNDLE
This is an open-and-go lesson will inspire your students to love science. Students will be introduced to the Earth’s orbital movement around the Sun, as a means of seeing why the constellations change. They'll solve the Mystery: Why do the stars change with the seasons?
✓ Parent email
- Pre-written email for parents that summarizes your lesson
- Intro video that hooks students and sets up the Mystery
✓ Hands-on activity
- Step-by-step video instructions make it easy
- Printable (and editable) assessment with answer key
- An age-appropriate reading extends the lesson
This meets the NGSS 5th Grade Earth Science standards and the included reading is perfect for Close Reading to support Common Core.
This is lesson #3 in my complete Space Unit:
• Lesson 1 - Day, Night,＆Earth Rotation (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 2 - Earth's Rotation & Time (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 3 - Seasons & Earth's Revolution < [This Lesson]
• Lesson 4 - Seasonal Changes & Sun's Path (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 5 - Moon Phases / Lunar Cycle (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 6 - Planets & Solar System (BUNDLE)
Hi, my name is Doug!
I taught elementary science for seven years and made it my students’ favorite subject. I want to share my approach with you.
Every lesson begins with a Mystery that hooks your students. Then I narrate an unforgettable story told with stunning images and videos, with many opportunities for discussion. Every lesson concludes with a simple hands-on activity which uses supplies you already have (or are easy to get).
I hope my work saves you time & inspires your students.