Also included in
- A time-saver for you during your study of Space! This amazing bundle has a Space Shuttle Escape Room, a Space Robot Quick STEM Challenge, and a Space Print and Read resource.Note: The Escape Room and Reading resource may be purchased separately. PART ONE:Included in the Escape Room you will find:Ta$6.00$9.50Save $3.50
- Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. Topics are high interest and many correlate with units of study. So, get ready to tackle some science, some holiday topics, or just some fu$40.80$64.00Save $23.20
If your kids love to study about space this set is going to be perfect for you! This print and read set is fabulous for having students reading in a matter of minutes. These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are great in so many ways. The topic of this set is also amazing! It’s all about space. Just print and read! This would be great addition to your Distance Learning printed packets.
NOTE: This reading passage set is available in a printable and digital format.
Note: This resource is available in money-saving bundles:
This set features upper 3rd to fifth-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, listing examples, inferring, and basic reading comprehension questions.
The set also makes use of non-fiction text features. You will find the use of bold print, bullets, captions, fact boxes, a glossary, illustrations, italics, a map, subtitle, titles, tables, and a timeline.
The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. The reading selections include basic information about the Challenger, Sally Ride, walking in space, and Bonnie Dunbar. Each set of passages includes a basic worksheet in two levels.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has 3 more reading selections and a map showing locations of NASA facilities. The articles include information about stars, light-years, falling stars, and NASA. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on the table of contents page.
NOTE: The reading selections for this resource were written for elementary students. The reading selection about the Challenger is not graphic.
NOTE: The reading levels of the passages are appropriate for upper third grade through fifth grade. This set is perfect for centers, small groups, seat work, homework, or sub days!
Specific contents of this resource are:
- Selection 1- The Challenger– in 2 reading levels
- Selection 2- Sally Ride- in 2 reading levels
- Selection 3 – Walking in Space-in 2 reading levels
- Selection 4 – Bonnie Dunbar- in 2 reading levels
- Newspaper Page- 3 articles (What is a Star?, Light-Years Away, and NASA – The Place for Explorers), an short fact box about falling stars, and a map showing locations of NASA facilities
- Newspaper Comprehension page and two graphic organizers
- Answer keys for all
- Table of Contents listing levels, skills, Common Core standards, and non-fiction text features
- Teacher's Guide with notes about reading levels, standards, organizations, and ideas for use
This Print and Read resource is available in a money-saving bundle with an Escape Room:
The Escape Room may be purchased separately:
You might also enjoy these Space resources:
- Exploring Space Non-Fiction Task Cards
- Earth in Space Flipper Book
- Traveling in Space Flipper Book
- Sun and Planets Flipper Book
- Space and Planets Task Cards
You might also enjoy these resources:
- Animal Adaptations Print & Read
- Animal Adaptations Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Nonfiction Text Features Booklets
- Nonfiction Text Features Posters
- Landforms Reading and Escape Room Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!