Products in this Bundle (21)
showing 1-5 of 21 products
Need space STEM activities? Are you looking for Moon-themed activities to celebrate the Apollo anniversary?
Launch your students into STEM with these space-themed STEM challenges that incorporate the engineering design process. This GROWING mega bundle is jam-packed for space STEM challenges for the entire year! Plus: each activity includes real-world space current events and STEM career connections!
This bundle is perfect for elementary classrooms (grades K - 5) looking for Mars or Moon themed challenges!
20% off individual products!
- Mission to Mars STEM Curriculum: A complete STEM curriculum that follows a Mars storyline. Students become a team of astronauts challenged to complete 10 missions centered around a Journey to Mars. Each mission, students will read a message from Astronaut Alex, who will introduce the activity, provide background context, and connect to a STEM career. Students will then engage in hands-on activities centered around the engineering design process.
- Mission to Moon STEM Curriculum: A lunar-themed version of the STEM curriculum.
- Astronaut Boot STEM Challenge: Student teams build astronaut boots using the Engineering Design Process to protect astronauts traveling to the Moon or Mars.
- Space Lander STEM Design Challenge: Student teams build a lander using the Engineering Design Process to keep two "astronauts" inside a cup as it is dropped from various heights. Includes printed and digital versions plus an instructional video.
- Plants in Space STEM Design Challenge: Students will learn about what plants need to survive and then build a mini greenhouse. Students are then tasked to use the engineering design process to design and build a device to support their greenhouse. Includes printed and digital versions plus an instructional video.
- Zipline STEM Design Challenge: Using the engineering design process, student teams are tasked with designing a vehicle to carry a hurt astronaut down a zip line!
- Crater Catapults and Moon Science STEM Activities: Starting with a study of space rocks, the lunar surface, and craters, students then build a catapult to launch “research equipment” into craters.
- Balloon Rocket Design Challenge: Students design balloon rockets to pop a balloon taped to the wall.
- Straw Rocket Design Challenge: This STEM challenge pack includes a paper straw rocket activity, straw rocket engineering design challenge using a Pitsco launcher, student handouts, and extension problems on variable testing and test result comparison.
- Ultraviolet Solar Light Shelter STEM Challenge: Using UV sensitive beads, students explore how different materials absorb UV light and use the engineering design process to build a UV safe shelter.
- Mars Soil Testing STEM Mission: Challenge your students with the mission of determining which given soil sample is from Mars.
- Kepler's Law of Planetary Motion: Demonstrate Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion with four engaging activities delivering a learning experience that is sure to grab the attention of all types of learners.
- Save the Earth STEM Activity: Students use critical thinking and creativity to come up with ideas to stop an impending asteroid collision.
- Lunar Crater Challenge: Students use the engineering design process and explore the forces of motion to place a ball in a cup at the center of a 6 foot diameter circle without entering the circle.
- Harvest Moon Science: Learn about the phases of the moon using a handout designed to illustrate the moon phases using Oreos. Then discover the natural phenomenon of the "Harvest Moon" that occurs near the autumn equinox.
- Moon Rover STEM Challenge: NASA needs your help! Your mission is to use the engineering design process to design and build a rover to transport rock samples on the Moon.
- Building Bricks STEM Moon Base Engineering Design: Your students are planetary geologists on a mission to study the Moon. But how do they survive in that harsh environment? They must use the engineering design process to solve a problem from one of the 30 included challenge cards. Students are first tasked with constructing a lunar landscape (either using building bricks or paper) before using building bricks to build their design solutions.
- Moon Tower Challenge: Build a tower to hold up a welcome sign that includes an LED light that must be turned on with a switch on the ground (powered by a solar panel or coin cell battery).
Math, science, and engineering topics covered in this space-themed STEM mega bundle pack:
- Forces & motion
- Space Sciences
- Newton's Third Law
- Engineering Design Process
- Variables & Testing
- Moon phases
- Solar Energy
- Kepler Laws
- Detailed educator guide with links to resources
- Handouts on STEM career and real-world connections
- Student recording packet for each step of the engineering design process
- Science extension activities
Bring Space Club to your school! If you are interested in a space-themed curriculum, check out our Space Club missions that connect students from around the world! In partnership with NASA, Vivify STEM runs semester-long space missions that include engineering design challenges, weekly career chats, a live leaderboard,
career chats with astronauts and engineers, and a chance to win robots and telescopes! From afterschool clubs to STEM classes, teachers can implement Space Club either in-person or through distance learning. Click here to register or apply for a grant.
Looking for more STEM lessons? Find the Vivify resource guide here: bit.ly/VivifyResourceGuide
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or after school program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥