showing 1-5 of 19 products
- Bundle Description
Launch your students into STEM with these space-themed STEM challenges that incorporate the engineering design process. This mega bundle includes 14 engaging STEM activities for space activities and design challenges all year long! Also included is the popular Mars Colony Design Project where students design a colony on Mars for the ultimate project-based learning experience!
Find Elementary version of Space STEM Bundle here.
- Design a Mars Colony STEM Project: Students will apply scientific concepts, math skills, critical thinking, research, and engineering design to plan a long term habitat on Mars. (1) STEM Project guide with student handouts to guide teams through the engineering design process including reflection on society on Earth, learning about Mars, research, brainstorming solutions, designing colony, testing colony against scenarios, and final design. (2) Mission to Mars Planning Game product dives deeper into possible colony solutions, adds an interactive and game-like planning tool, teaches about real-world NASA engineering solutions, and is useful for students with limited internet access. (3) Explore Mars games: Teach students all about Mars through 5 interactive games and activities!
- Save the Earth STEM Activity: Students use critical thinking and creativity to come up with ideas to stop an impending asteroid collision.
- Space Lander STEM Design Challenge: Student teams build a lander using the Engineering Design Process to keep two "astronauts" inside a cup as it is dropped from various heights. Includes printed and digital versions plus an instructional video.
- Kepler's Law of Planetary Motion: Demonstrate Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion with four engaging activities delivering a learning experience that is sure to grab the attention of all types of learners.
- Lunar Crater Team Challenge: Students use the engineering design process and explore the forces of motion to place a ball in a cup at the center of a 6 foot diameter circle without entering the circle.
- Ultraviolet Solar Light Shelter STEM Challenge: Using UV sensitive beads, students explore how different materials absorb UV light and use the engineering design process to build a UV safe shelter.
- Balloon Rocket Design Challenge: Students design balloon rockets to pop a balloon taped to the wall.
- Straw Rocket Design Challenge: This STEM challenge pack includes a paper straw rocket activity, straw rocket engineering design challenge using a Pitsco launcher, student handouts, and extension problems on variable testing and test result comparison.
- Space Rover Design Challenge: Students will build a rubber band powered rover to complete an exciting mission. They will then practice using Pi to analyze their design with imaginative math extension questions.
- Heavy-Lift Straw or Stomp Rocket STEM Challenge: (1) Students design and build a straw rocket that mimics the Falcon Heavy rocket. It must hit a target and release a "space car" after launch. (2) Students design and build a stomp rocket to be launched with a stomp rocket launcher.
- Drag Device Parachute STEM Design Challenge: Students use the engineering design process and explore the forces of gravity and air resistance to design a drag device to slow down a payload.
- Plants in Space STEM Design Challenge: Students will learn about what plants need to survive and then build a mini greenhouse. Students are then tasked to use the engineering design process to design and build a device to support their greenhouse. Includes printed and digital versions plus an instructional video
Some of the math, science, and engineering topics covered in this space-themed STEM mega bundle pack:
- Forces & motion
- Space Sciences
- Newton's Third Law
- Engineering Design Process
- Variables & testing
- Moon phases
- Solar Energy
- Kepler Laws
Each STEM challenge includes:
- Detailed educator guide with links to resources
- Handouts on STEM career and real-world connections
- Student recording packet for each step of the engineering design process
- Science extension activities
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or after school program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥