How was the Universe created? Human beings have been asking this question for centuries.
This fantastic resource teaches students about the well-accepted Big Bang theory, i.e. how the Universe expanded from a singularity.
I created this lesson as an introduction to our unit on Space because I figured my students needed to know how the Universe expanded before we could understand and appreciate any other Space related topic. I am always amazed at how interested my students are in Space and how motivated they are to learn more about it. Have fun!!
This Lesson Includes:
- A definition of the Universe
- A discussion of the expansion of Space
- Astronomer, Georges Lemaitre's great idea
- Description of the Big Bang
- The creation of atoms
- The formation of stars, galaxies and planets
- 6 Discussion/Comprehension questions