This activity is very similar to the I Spy activities out there, but it has a little twist!
Students can use magnifying glasses for this fun, interactive word work! Students hunt for sight words in the picture and record them in lots of fun ways. Sight words include all of the sight words from Fry’s first list, in groups of 25.
There are four sets of activities with space themed pictures. Each set also includes four different recording pages for fun centers/word work:
1. A Space Write - Student can write their words in lots of fun ways.
2. A Box Write - Students write their words in the shape boxes to help visualize the word.
3. Starry Words - Students write the words they find on the stars.
4. Build a Word - Students cut out the letters and build the words on the recording page
5. Stamp It! - Students use letter stamps to stamp the words that they find.
Look for more of these activities with other Fry’s words in my TPT store.
Created by: Jessica Hamilton
Hanging Out in First!