This bundle contains my entire set of nine space lessons as well as the corresponding 26 digital interactive notebook activities. Bundled together, this package will save you both time and money.
SPACE UNIT LESSON SET
This package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Space.
Included in the package:
- 4 weeks of teaching material
- 9 Power Points totaling 167 slides
- Teacher and student versions of each power point
- Student notes in word
- "Huge thanks! This unit enabled me to spend more time with my students as opposed to planning out my lessons. Everything was well done and comprehensive. "
- "You saved me!! Thanks for such a thorough and creative package"
- "Absolutely amazing!"
- "Helpful resource that saved me prep time. Thanks!"
Lesson 1 - Space - An Introduction
Lesson 2 - Our Solar System
Lesson 3 - The Life and Death of Stars
Lesson 4 - The Seasons and Earth's Tilt
Lesson 5 - The Moon
Lesson 6 - Eclipse - Solar and Lunar
Lesson 7 - Galaxies, Other Objects and the Universe
Lesson 8 - The Immensity of the Universe
Lesson 9 - Life in outer space - how humans meet their needs
- "THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! Saved me so much time...love the worksheets that go along with the powerpoints!!!"
- "I needed something quick and ready-made and this package was well worth the price. I would have actually paid more for everything that I got! Very good!"
- "I just bought this unit and had a quick peek through all of it…. AMAZING! You spent an incredible amount of time creating this unit! I love it and can’t wait to use it. I enjoy using resources like this so much and my students do, too. The video in each lesson is fantastic… breathtaking…. gives me chills! Thank you so much! You could easily charge more."
- "This is the second unit I have used from this seller; if anything, it is better than the first. The students are so engaged and have so many questions (that are usually answered in the next slide or video) that I know that they are learning a great deal. Thank you for sharing this resource."
- "My students are really enjoying this unit on Space! The power point is easy to use and the pictures and videos are awesome. I really like the website used for the space newsletter too."
- "Fantastic! So much time went into preparing this. I love the embedded videos. Thank you!"
Each lesson includes a student and teacher version. The student version contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
DIGITAL INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK
Middle School and Freshman High School Digital Interactive Notebook - Space: The Study Of Our Universe. Designed specifically for the 1:1 classroom utilizing any kind of digital device such as Chromebooks, Cellphones, or Tablets.
This resource comes packed with 28 engaging activities spread over 46 interactive pages. It covers the entire space curriculum and includes an answer copy. Each page was created to look and feel like a traditional notebook but was designed to take advantage of everything that digital brings.
Digital Interactive Notebook for Google and OneDrive cloud services. If you don’t currently have a Google account, you can sign up for one completely free and get started in 5 minutes. If you’re a OneDrive user no problem. Simply download the notebook as a PowerPoint file to your computer then upload it to your OneDrive account. The majority of the items in this resource are fully editable. In addition, slides can be added or removed easily to suit your classroom needs.
I feel that the most effective way to see what you’ll receive is to actually access it, play with it, and that way, you’ll know if it’s right for your classroom. To do that, I’ve created a sample notebook you can access by CLICKING HERE
This Digital Interactive Notebook is broken down into 9 chapters. Chapters can easily be removed if they don’t correspond to your curriculum needs.
Chapter 1 - Space - An Introduction
Chapter 2 - Our Solar System
Chapter 3 - The Life and Death of Stars
Chapter 4 - The Seasons and Earth's Tilt
Chapter 5 - The Moon
Chapter 6 - Eclipse - Solar and Lunar
Chapter 7 - Galaxies, Other Objects and the Universe
Chapter 8 - The Immensity of the Universe
Chapter 9 - Life in outer space - how humans meet their needs
I've also created a separate resource that bundles this notebook with its corresponding lessons, activities, and assessments found in my unit. It isn't necessary to purchase the unit as well, but If you’d like to bundle them together and save 35%, CLICK HERE.
Before computers, we used interactive notebooks to engage our students and keep their notebooks organized and accessible. This however required a lot of material and the unwelcomed task of lugging them all home with you to mark. But we used them because they were effective and allowed us to effectively assess our students understanding.
Why use digital interactive notebooks? As prices decrease, many schools are moving towards a 1:1, computer-student ratio and are becoming digital, the way we teach needs to keep up. You don’t even need a class set of computer, a personal device (cell phone, laptop, tablet, etc. will work just as well).
Digital interactive notebooks provide all the same means of organization and assessment but without the physical notebook. This…
1) Saves you from bringing them back and forth/storing them in your class.
2) Purchasing all the necessary supplies.
3) Having them get lost, misplace pages, etc.
Once you purchase, you’ll get a direct link. This link will allow you to place your own copy of the digital notebook into your Google Drive folder. From there, simply distribute the file to your students. No notebooks, no glue, no scissors, not even a USB in site. Everything is stored and can be assessed in the cloud from any computer in the world. If your students go on holiday, they can access it. If they’re sick, they can access it.
What activities will you find inside my Digital Interactive Notebooks?
• Interactive drag-and-drop activities
• Embedded Videos that play inside the slides along with questions
• Calculation questions
• Audio recorders – students record and upload their own auditory answers to questions
• Drawings – students create their own drawing then easily upload them to their slides using their device or computer
• Research questions
• Extension questions for early finishers, those wanting extra credit, or incorporated into the mainstream assignment
• Vocabulary check on the entire unit
• Lots more
Click here to get immediate access to a sample file so you can see exactly what’s being offered → http://bit.ly/TWF-DINB
What if my school won’t pay for Google products or access to Google Classroom?
No problem, G-Suite as it’s called, is completely free and includes everything you’ll need to access your digital notebooks.
What if your students don’t have internet access for some reason?
These notebooks can easily be made available off-line for access anywhere.
Is there a place for students to include their own notes? Yes! That’s the beauty of going digital. You don’t need a left and right side. When you or your students want some more room, just add a slide and go to town.
Worried about plagiarism?
I use turnitin.com to ensure my students are submitting their own work. However, I attempt to make these as interactive and individual as possible, which all but eliminates cheating.
Do you feel that your students will miss out on the hands-on experience they receive from traditional interactive notebooks?
In today’s world, I don’t think that’s a concern. Your students are and need to be well versed in the world of technology and how to manipulate it to suit their needs. This resource will help.
If you have any questions, please send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org