Space Unit | Create an Alien from Outer Space | Distance Learning
- Google Drive™ folder
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Give your students some hands-on space fun with this makerspace Science activity that helps build an understanding of the components of our Solar System. Research, Create and Write - Meets Ontario Science, Reading and Writing Expectations. Engaging activity for your distance learning Science program. Would a in-class learning version work for your situation better? Check it out here.
1. Students will choose a planet that they are interested in and then begin research using the research prompts
2. Students will plan out ideas for an alien that could survive on that planet.
3. Students will use home materials to create their alien
4. Students will create a passport for their alien that includes a picture of their creation, information about their planet and a description of the adaptations that the alien has that allows it to live on this planet.
This unit includes
- A teacher slide with all instructions written in student friendly language
- A video to learn about the solar system
- All templates needed
- Student success criteria and an assessment template that include star and wish feedback and a rubric for evaluation.
Check out these other Space Activities - Great for both in-class and distance learning!
- Space Alien Maker Project (In-Class Learning Version)
- Outer space Makerspace Inquiry
- Space Technology Digital Choice Board
- Space Phenomenon's: Maker Choice Board
Are you looking for other Ontario Science Activities? Check out these Flight products here:
- The History of Flight Timeline
- Properties of Air Experiments
- Properties of Flight Posters
- The Scientific Method with Paper Airplanes
OR Get them all of these products together in this money savings flight resources bundle!
If you would prefer to receive a PDF with Google Links to this product, please follow these instructions:
- Purchase the product
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and order number
- I will then send you a file that includes forced copy links for the products that you have purchased.
This goes for any of my products! Please allow for 24 hours for delivery.
Did you know that leaving feedback gives you points towards FREE TpT products? Free products for you, feedback for me...it's a win win!
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to follow me to be notified when more products like these become available! You can also check out my other digital products in myTpT store!
Thank you for your time,
Stacey - 1 Passionate Teacher