Spectacular Space! Check out the preview for an up close look. Not everything is shown in the preview of this 180 plus page file!
In this unit you will find tons and tons of activities for learning all about the Solar System.
1) Flip flaps for interactive notebooks or lapbooks .Terms include all the planets, revolve, rotate, solar system, star, sun, constellation, phases, moon, shadow, seasons, and orbit.
2)Planets in order from the sun project with templates to line up the planets in order from closest to farthest from the sun.
3) Solar System posters – bright and colorful, filled with facts, about many of the above terms.
4) 5 Flip flap booklets for vocabulary terms covering the planets, mnemonic device to remember the planets, inner and outer planets, revolution and rotation, and solar system terms.
5) A personal planet reference guide that you can print on cardstock or paper and give to each individual student to keep to remember the planets in order using the mnemonic device – My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos.
6) Full color and limited color Word Wall cards for 24 space terms.
7)Vocabulary cards with definitions of 22 terms – can be used for games and practice.
8)Solar System Orbit Game – A Scoot game with 24 cards- students go from question to question when you say, “orbit,” and record the letter of the correct answer from the card on their recording sheet.
9)Moon posters for all 8 phases
10. Oreo cookie moon phases project templates to use as is or attach onto a paper plate – 2 differentiated versions – one with the name of the phases and one without.
11. Moon phases assessment sheet- 2 versions.
12. Cut and paste moon phases to correct name activity sheet
13. 30 day moon observation diary booklet
14. 11 comprehension passages and question/quiz sheets – all 8 planets, sun, moon, and seasons. Students are asked to color code their answers after finding it in the passage, before they write the answer.
15. Writing Project – “My Outer Space Alien Adventure.” Students will use the graphic organizer to draft out their story about their adventure in space after meeting an alien. Final copy templates provided – lower primary and upper elementary lines. For the craft, students will use the space craft with the alien inside it. They will either take a real picture of themselves or draw a picture of themselves next to the alien.
16. Disguise an Alien home project – Blank alien template, parent letter, and writing prompt sheet provided. Students need to protect a friendly alien from enemies by disguising it as something else.
17. Letter to an astronaut template – You can have students write a letter to an astronaut and maybe even mail it!.
18) Planet report graphic organizer to gather information and two versions of final copy templates. Comes with a template for all 8 planets so students can color the planet they researched and attach it next to their planet report.
19. Rotate and Revolve project – students will use a sun and Earth template to create a visual representation of how the Earth can rotate at the same time as it revolves around the sun.
20) All About the Moon and Sun booklets in the shape of a crescent moon and a sun.
21) Astronaut craftivity with the writing prompt – All About the Solar System. This is a fun cumulative project where students can write everything they remember and learned about their space unit and attach it as the body to their astronaut craft.
Solar System, Planets, Interactive Notebook, Science, Space Craftivity, Moon, Moon Phases, Space vocabulary