Space Vocabulary Bundle! Make studying space FUN in whole groups, partners, individually, or centers with meaningful, research based strategies! This bundle of space vocabulary resources includes a game, trading cards, and word wall cards. The resources and activities in this bundle are especially helpful for ELL students who are learning new space and astronomy vocabulary and I’ve found all my students enjoy using them! Save $2.00 when you buy this Space Vocabulary Bundle!
English + Spanish (A Spanish Space Vocabulary Bundle version is now included for FREE)
This Space Vocabulary Bundle includes:
Printable Space Vocabulary Board Game:
This is a fun board game that you can use with your students to teach space vocabulary. As students move around the board they choose a space vocabulary card and then spin the spinner to see whether they will act out the word, draw it, use it in a sentence, or give the definition. The board game, pieces and cards are quick and easy to set up so students can start playing right away. It includes:
• A printable, colorful “Space Vocabulary Game” board (that works just as well printed in gray scale).
• A set of space related game pieces that students can cut out and fold with the option to draw their own pictures to give students a sense of choice and ownership in the game.
• A set of game rules for students to read and follow.
• A page of teacher notes/tips to help the game run smoother.
• An answer key with sample sentences, definitions, and pictures for each space vocabulary word to help the other players on the team decide whether the player is correct or not during their turn.
• A set of space vocabulary game cards to cut out to place on the game board with an optional back side that can be printed onto the backs of the cards to make it more difficult to see the word through the card.
Space Vocabulary Trading Cards:
• 32 space vocabulary trading cards with the word and picture on the front and an explanation and an example sentence on the back. These 32 cards include 8 planet cards, 16 space vocabulary, and 8 moon phase cards.
• The same 32 space cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and room to write their own explanations and sample sentences.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more space terms to as they come across them in their discussions, experiences, or studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their space cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these space vocabulary flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
I print these space flashcards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper. The front of each card has the space term with its picture. The back has an explanation and an example sentence.
Space Vocabulary Word Wall/Bulletin Board
• 32 space word wall cards with pictures representing them.
• 2 blank templates with the same border that you can write your own space vocabulary on and draw your own pictures on if there are other terms you’d like to add to your word wall. I love having my students do this because they feel a sense of pride and ownership as they look at their own words and pictures that they added to the word wall.
As you can see in the thumbnails, these print out on a regular 8 ½ by 11 sheet of paper. There are 2 space vocabulary words with a picture representing them on each page. You just need to cut them in half and they’re ready to go!
The 32 space terms used in this bundle are:
• shooting star
• solar system
• new moon
• waxing crescent
• first quarter
• waxing gibbous
• full moon
• waning gibbous
• third quarter
• waning crescent
Also included is a free Trading Card Manual with 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class AND a Spanish Space Vocabulary Bundle set is now included for FREE to use with Spanish speaking or bilingual students!
SAVE Over 50%
This product is included in my Science Vocabulary Bundle that includes trading cards + word wall posters for 18 different science topics (276 cards total).
Here are some related products:
Space Vocabulary Game
Space Vocabulary Card Pack
- Super good deal!
Moon Phase Flashcards and Word Wall
Planet Trading Cards and Word Wall
Check out my other SCIENCE
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Space Vocabulary Bundle
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License