Space, planets and all about the moon explained with a non fiction story, for children in kindergarten and first grade. This unit also includes activities, worksheets and crafts to help young learners practice writing, understand and remember key facts about the solar system.
NASA - Our Solar System
The phases of the Moon
What is an eclipse?
Asteroids, Comets, Meteoroids, Meteors and Meteorites
Astronomical Bodies - Capitalization
You can use this in the reading/literacy center, as an emergent reader or for group reading. It is also appropriate for a great (hi)story sequence activity.
You can print it or use with your laptop, projector or Ipad in class.
The children learn astronomy, history and science facts in a simple and comprehensive way.
Worksheets and Activities:
- Complete our solar system - Cut&paste
- Orbits - Trace the orbits&color
- Ordinal numbers with the planets - Cut&paste
- Axis - Trace the axis&color
- A constellation search - Connect the stars to find out
- Exploring the night sky - History sequencing - Cut,paste&write
- Tracing/Printing for little astronomers
- Matching for little astronomers
- Planets sizes - Biggest to smallest - Cut&paste
- Planets sizes - Smallest to biggest - Cut&paste
- Planet research sheet
- Astronomy history - Important figures - Cut&paste
- 9 Graphic Organizers (Sun&the 8 planets)
- 8 Craftivities for the 8 planets of our solar system (templates included)
Worksheets and Activities (about Earth's Moon):
- All about the Moon - Cut&paste the words to complete the text
- The "phases" of the Moon - Print,cut&paste.
- The Apollo 11 mission - Craft (templates&instructions included)
The craftivities are linked to the following Kindergarten common core standards:
The story is linked to the following Kindergarten common core standards:
For questions or suggestions go to "Product Q+A" tab next to "Comments&Ratings"!
You can find me on Facebook: The Constant Kindergartener
And this is my blog:The Constant Kindergartener
Hope you enjoy this in class or at home!