Engage your students in researching, designing and constructing their own bridges!
This resource guides students through the process of researching, designing, and building their own bridge out of spaghetti sticks. Clear and informative instructions are included along with design templates, tips and tricks! I do this project every year when we study forces in Science. My students absolutely love it!
This resource is designed as a Contest (but doesn't have to be done as such) where students are challenged to build the strongest bridge possible. All the instructions are included from research to testing. Certificates for Strongest Bridge and Most Innovative Design are included along with a 4 page Student Write-up Booklet. Can be done individually or in pairs.
- Materials Needed
- Procedure (Research, Design, Construction, Testing)
- Bridge Design Ideas
- Student Research Page
- Student Design Page
- Student Design Grid Paper (size: 11'' x 17'')
- Strongest Bridge Certificate
- Most Innovative Design Certificate
- Student Write-up Booklet (4 pages)
Project-Based Learning (PBL) is a student-centered pedagogy in which students are challenged to actively learn about a subject for an extended period of time. It is a form of active learning or inquiry-based learning. Project-Based Learning is in contrast to paper-based, rote memorization, or teacher-led instruction that presents established facts. Please be aware of what you are purchasing.
Thanks so much,
We really appreciate all the feedback we receive. Your feedback helps make our products better.
WE OFTEN PROVIDE FREEBIES TO OUR FOLLOWERS AND ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF:
• Look for the green star next to our store logo at the top right corner of this page and click it to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time we debut a new product or freebie!