Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun Book Companion is a wonderful way to introduce your students to the topic of celebrating everyone's unique differences in the face of adversity. Contains vocabulary cards, worksheets, story elements graphic organizers, and writing prompts with publishing papers, all geared for In-Person and Distance Learning.
Theme: Courage, Adversity, and Being Yourself
- This is a Digital Activity. The Digital Activity has been created for you to share with your online students. In addition, a downloadable PDF file exists with answer keys and posters for you. The answer keys are NOT included in the Digital Activity created for the students.
- Also, please feel free to delete any pages from the digital activity that you do not wish to assign to your students. For more information concerning TpT Digital Activities, please click on the following link.
Thank you for all you are doing through this unusual time in education.
Obsessed With Learning
This exciting book companion includes adorable crafts, vocabulary cards and worksheets, story element graphic organizers, and 4 writing prompts with publishing papers, all geared for In-Person and Distance Learning.
Book companion is a wonderful way to introduce your students to the topic of celebrating everyone's unique differences in the face of adversity.
Maria Dismondy wrote a wonderful story to show and teach children how important it is to have the courage to be different and to forgive others when they can’t understand this wonderful gift.
As the story begins, Lucy is a beautiful, little Italian girl who lives alone with her Papa Gino and loves to eat spaghetti in a hot dog bun each day for lunch. However, a lonely and grumpy classmate, Ralph, uses Lucy’s differences as a way to daily torment her until a defining moment occurs in which Lucy chooses courage and forgiveness over revenge.
All in PDF format for Distance Learning, Virtual Environment, and Google Classrooms
Included in this 76 page Book Companion
- pg. 4 Character Traits Venn Diagram
- pg. 5 Story Elements Graphic Organizers
- pg. 9 - 4 Writing Prompts
- pg. 11 Decorative Writing Papers- 2 in color, 2 in Black/White
- pg. 19 Vocabulary Cards In Color (8 words and a header to display, both for in-person & distance learning students)
- pg. 30 Vocabulary Worksheets: Definition Fun, Find the Code, Word Search, Word Scramble, and Answer Sheets
- pg. 39 Vocabulary Test - Easy and Hard and Answer Sheet
- pg. 42 Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun Cut-Outs: Color and Black/White (Students make their own spaghetti in a hot dog bun and serve on a plate)
- pg. 52 You are Out of This World Quotes: For In-Person and Virtual Learners (10 quotes and a header to display for both groups of learners)
- pg. 71 Character Pictures of Lucy and Ralph for Bulletin Board Use (in color)
- pg. 73 Character Coloring Pages (In-Person and Virtual Learners)
Wow! It is jam-packed!
- Purchasers of this product may distribute this packet over the internet to their assigned classroom students and/or homeschool or homebound students as long as the internet site is password protected.
- Purchasers may also distribute this packet to their students in print form that do not have access to the internet or computers at this time.
- Purchasers may NOT distribute this packet to their students on a site in which it can be publicly viewed and/or downloaded.
Thank you for choosing this packet to share with your students during this time. We are all in a tough place, stretching our wings, learning a new online world, and wishing to be with our students at the same time.
This product is for personal and classroom use only.
This product is NOT intended for commercial use.
If you have any questions or need any help concerning this product or your purchase, please email me at . I will make every effort to return your email within less than 24 hours.
If you have found these products appealing, please click on the “follow me” button at the top of the screen so you will receive notifications each time a new product is released.
Also, please don’t forget to review my work. TpT will send you credit for each review you write. That is like receiving VIRTUAL MONEY for only writing a few sentences. Can’t beat that!!!
As always, your business is truly appreciated.
Hope you enjoy!!!