This is a fantastic and fun way to wrap up first year Spanish.
It becomes a Spanish-Speaking Country Fair.
My entire dept ended up doing this outside and it was a blast.
The students had a great time, the visitors had fun and we as teachers enjoyed doing something unique with our kids.
1) a clear explanation of the project.
2) a check list for students.
3) a list of expressions they are encouraged to use.
4) a very specific guide as to what to incorporate.
5) a short questionnaire in Spanish about the group's project.
6) an assessment guide ( which you may or may not decide to use)
The constant checks keep them on task and the end result is a lot of great booths at a fun Spanish Fair !
Try doing something different this year !
You wont regret it and the students will remember the year fondly.