In this assignment, students are asked to read brief descriptions in Spanish of a house-related scene. They are instructed to illustrate the description in the space provided, including all details to demonstrate that they have understood.
At the end, students compose and illustrate a house description of their own invention.
- Vocabulary includes rooms of the house, furnishings, direction words, and a few extras.
- Students should already be somewhat familiar with house and furniture vocabulary prior to completing this assignment.
- File uploaded in .docx format, in case you would like to make small adjustments.
- This assignment is suitable for sub plans!
- Extension assignment-- if desired, teacher can ask students to present one or more of their drawn interpretations to a partner or small group of classmates. Students read the description and the artist points out each element in his drawing. Students can see how similar or different their interpretation of the same text is from their classmates.
Nimble Spanish - Comprehensible Input Solutions