This 8-day lesson plan for Spanish 1 teaches the structures "está triste y llora", "come", and "el lobo tiene hambre" and uses them to talk about the novel/film Como agua para chocolate. It includes...
- personalized questions to introduce vocab
- story script
- story activities
- song lyrics
- reading about Celia Cruz
- slideshow about laughing and crying
- a joke to kick off the unit
- listening and reading assessments
- a reading about Como agua para chocolate using the vocab
- instructions for using a clip from the movie Como agua para chocolate
- a video activity for a five minute Spanish cartoon
- a speaking assessment
- a PPT for the unit that includes daily warm-ups
- answer keys for all activities
Suitable for first year Spanish students and beyond.
This is Unit 10 of The Comprehensible Classroom's Spanish 1 curriculum and was formerly titled "El lobo hambriento".
Click here to view Unit 9: El Cucuy
Click here to view Unit 11: Deportes en los países que hablan español