Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Get your students actively conjugating present tense -ar verbs with this pack including powerpoints and other materials I use to enhance our curriculum and keep my students engaged!
Some of these activities are sold separately on my TpT store, if you are interested in a specific product.
I have included 2 powerpoints to present subject pronouns and regular -ar present tense conjugation. Students will also be able to practice Subject Pronouns and -AR Verb conjugation through partner activities, whole-class games and individual study! I use this with Realidades Chapter 2A, but it can be used with any curriculum!
Check out the preview to get a better idea!
This activity pack is a zip file that contains:
• Powerpoint Presentation of Subject pronouns (ALSO SOLD SEPARATELY)
• Powerpoint Presentation of conjugating –ar verbs (ALSO SOLD SEPARATELY)
• Powerpoint of Levántate game (see game description below)
• Worksheet to accompany the –AR verb powerpoint (.pdf)
• Subject pronoun flashcards (English / Spanish) (.doc & .pdf)
* Use for “Grab it!” game, memory, matching or simply for individual study
• Song to practice subject pronouns (La copa de la vida) (.doc; pdf)
*Have students listen to fill in the blanks (answer key included in the KEY file)
*I've also included actions that my students use!
• Basic –AR verb conjugation worksheet
*Includes key so you can display easily
• -AR Verb, Subject Pronoun & Verb –ending flashcards
*Each student gets a set
*Use for whole-class practice (Teacher calls out a word or a sentence and students hold up appropriate cards.)
*Use for partner practice with included activity
• Pair activity for use with the above mentioned flashcards
*Student work in partners
*Student A reads a sentence in English and their partner uses their cards to translate
*Student B then corrects their partner (answers included on their sheet)
• ¿Bailas bien? Interview activity where students practice speaking and writing
*Students respond to “Yo” statements…
*Then interview a partner (changing the verbs to the tú form)…
*Then write a summary using the “nosotros” and the “él / ella” forms)
• Reading Action Chain for –ar verb conjugation & subject pronoun practice / review (separate file) **ALSO SOLD SEPARATELY
*Cut action sentences into strips and distribute 1-2 per student
*Start off the “chain” by calling out “Empezamos!”
*Each student then performs an action in the chai (many are somewhat funny) that reviews –ar verb conjugation and subject pronouns
*All students participate actively – my students love this!
• ¡Levántate! Subject pronoun / -ar verb conjugation game
(I have included a word doc and a powerpoint version.)
*Split the class into teams (2-3 teams)
*Print 1 copy of the cards for each team. (found in the word doc version)
*Distribute cards with subject pronouns (1-2 per student) (1 set of cards per team)
*Display the sentences with missing subject pronouns…(either using the powerpoint or a projector)
*The first person who stands and says the correct missing word wins a point for their team.