Review First Year Spanish Verbs with this fun group activity. Based on the traditional "telephone" students must secretly pass on a message while translating it into Spanish. Forewarning, this game can get intense (in a good way of course!). Whiteboard needed!
Here's how to play:
1. Get into groups of 4 or 5, each group will need only 1 whiteboard and 1 dry erase marker
2. The person with the whiteboard will be the “scribe” and the person to his/her left will be the “messenger”
3. For each round all students will start with their heads down and eyes closed, with the exception of the messenger, who will be presented with a message in English on the ppt. before it disappears.
4. When the teacher calls heads up, play begins and the messenger must telephone the message clockwise around the group until it reaches the scribe who must write the message in Spanish
5. First team to hold up the correct translation earns a point
6. The message should only go around once (no repeating) and the “scribe” should not get any help from group members unless all groups are struggling to come up with an answer, then the teacher can call “open for discussion” and group members can then help at that point.
Duration is about 40 minutes. Enjoy!