This is an entire 10-week unit of Beginner Spanish. It contains 8 weeks of vocabulary, projects, grammar lessons and practice activities, multiple quizzes, and advanced activities. For the last 2 weeks, there are vocab and grammar reviews, a final project, and final exam. There over 100 documents total!
- All assessments are graded on the 5 Foreign Language Standards
- Rubrics are provided for most assignments (quizzes, projects, etc.)
- In our class, if a student gets 100% correct on the quiz, he or she receives a B (proficient). The student must complete the advanced assignment in order to get an A. This may seem confusing, but works very well in our classes for differentiation. Feel free to adapt the grading for what is best for your class, though. :)
UPDATE: There are now “leveled” quizzes as well. These quizzes have 3 sections – listening, reading, and writing. Each section is broken up into – basic(2/C), proficient(3/B), and advanced(4/A). You are able to assess the content and skill but see at what level your students are!
- multiple assessments are provided for each quiz or exam
- students may do practice assignment, then retake quizzes/exam
- students who pass may challenge themselves by doing an Advanced Activity (real-world source, expanded vocabulary, more complex grammar)
1. Weather (“tener” conjugation and expressions)
2. Actions (present tense regular verb conjugation)
*3. Dia de los muertos (informal positive commands)
4. The World (irregular verbs: O to UE)
5. The Body (informal positive commands)
6. Directions (irregular verbs: estar, ir)
7. The City and Transportation (simple future)
8. Clothes (irregular verbs: E to IE)
9. Review/Final Project
10. Final Exam
*Dia de los muertos happens to fall during our Spanish 1B so we include it here. However, if it does not fit your plan/calendar, you can remove it and it will not affect the other weeks – specifically, the grammar point appears again in week 5.
Included in the overview is a basic outline of the routine that we use and how you can organize the materials on a weekly basis.
This is everything you need to teach an entire course of Spanish 1B. Have fun!