Also included in
- Upgrade or supplement your technology unit with these 40+ thoroughly engaging differentiated activities. The 40+ activities in this bundles feature a core set of vocabulary words such as: subir, descargar, contraseña, hacer clic, and more, and then recycles them through several readings and short st$15.25$22.25Save $7.00
- Dreaming in Spanish Mega Book Bundles features 16 resources spanning from Spanish 1 (Novice) to Spanish 3 (Intermediate). These resources can be used as part of curriculum as the themes are rich and varied, or they can be used to supplement a Free Voluntary Reading Program. Each resource listed belo$40.27$56.75Save $16.48
¡Caray, mi abuelita tiene un móvil inteligente!
Short story for Spanish 2 and beyond! This story can be easily adapted to online class learning as activities are included (vocabulary, and comprehension questions for each chapter). The story has been recently updated with color images. Click here to access bundle for more engaging stories.
Synopsis: Sara enjoys hanging out with her crazy "Primos" and “Tíos" at their weekly “Reunión” at "La casa de la abuela.” From listening to her crazy aunt's tales about the adventures of internet dating to her grandmother's funny jokes (comprehensible & appropriate), she wouldn't want to be anywhere else on Sunday. However, this Sunday is super special because it is her grandmother's birthday, and Sara has just made her day by buying her a smartphone. While Sara teaches her “abuelita” how to use the smartphone, her grandmother discovers some “creative uses” for her new smartphone. Abuela Irma realizes even at 75 years old, her best years are ahead of her!
Technology: enviar mensajes de texto, las redes sociales, prender, apagar, descargar una aplicación, subir una foto al Instagram, chatear con los amigos, etc.
Family Relationships: los tíos, primos, abuela, abuelo, cita,
Grammar: Preterite, Imperfect, Affirmative Commands
"Caray, mi abuelita tiene un móvil inteligente" is a short story for Spanish 2+ (although, I used this at the end of Spanish 1), about a young girl who gets her grandmother a phone. The story is set in the grandmother's home, on the day of her birthday. Many family members come to visit as the grandmother makes "arroz, plátano, y flan (cultural foods and family vocabulary)." Sara, the granddaughter walks her grandmother through how to use a Smartphone (technology vocabulary, commands), when she discovers that her grandmother has a few secrets, and she wants to go on a dating site! The story is told in the past tense, which emphasizes the preterite and imperfect.
OTHER RESOURCES EXPLORING HOW TEENS INTERACT WITH TECHNOLOGY
1. MOVIE TALK AND STORY/ ANTES DE PONER LA IMAGEN EN LA WEB
If you are interested in the PSA Movie Talk and Story and Activities, click on the link below.
2. TECH BUNDLE (35+ ACTIVITIES)
3. NO PASA NADA (ALSO INCLUDE IN TECH BUNDLE). LONGER STORY (11-PAGES) ABOUT THE DANGERS OF PHOTO-SHARING/SOCIAL MEDIA
4. MI ABUELITA TIENE UN MóVIL INTELIGENTE (SHORT STORY ABOUT A YOUNG GIRL WHO BUYS HER GRANDMOTHER A CELLPHONE. TURNS OUT THE GRANDMOTHER WANTS TO MEET "NEW PEOPLE" ONLINE).
LA CITA INOLVIDABLE (DATING ONLINE GONE AWRY- FUNNY!)