Students work on improving their understanding of current vocabulary by using Spanish definitions to identify the correct word. The students thus become the experts as they possess all the knowledge required to answer the question for their partner. It also allows them to feel empowered as they in a sense are the “teacher’ to their partner. Finally, it causes the students to remain in the target language, always a primary goal for language teachers. This SUPER BUNDLE includes activities for chapters 1-8 so you're prepared for the entire year!
The beauty of this activity is that the students think of it as a game because of the point system, thus engaging them. They don’t realize at the start that they are practicing the crucial skill of circumlocution. It also reinforces prior vocabulary and occasionally introduces new vocabulary that will further stretch their knowledge.
• Students work in pairs.
• Each student has a different set of Spanish vocabulary words and corresponding definitions.
• Partner A verbally gives their description to their partner, B (Example: The room in the house where you sleep).
• Partner B then takes a guess and if they answer correctly (bedroom) they receive 3 points. If they answer incorrectly, partner A tells B the correct answer and the goal is that partner B learns/remembers the correct answer.
• They continue down the list until they reach the end. They then go back to the questions they missed and hopefully answer it correctly the second time (2 points). They then have a third opportunity at the end to receive 1 point for answering correctly.
• Using the same descriptions/answers as a quiz
• Using the activity as a review for quarter/semester exams
• The answer column can be deleted and it can be given as a homework assignment
• Transferring the descriptions/answers to an app like “eclickers” to instantaneously see that the students are understanding the material
Used with Realidades I (Pearson) vocabulary
All of the materials in this bundle are sold separately. Below is a complete list of what you will receive. You can click on each link to see a detailed description of each product.
Realidades Spanish 2 1A 1B Bundle: vocabulary circumlocution game "tres veces"Realidades Spanish 2 2A 2B Bundle: vocabulary circumlocution game "tres veces"Realidades Spanish 2 3A-B vocab circumlocution game: el centro / comunidadRealidades Spanish 2 4A 4B vocab circumlocution game- niñez / de pequeñoRealidades Spanish 2 5A-B Bundle:vocab circumlocution game accidents & disastersRealidades Spanish 2 6A 6B Bundle vocab circumlocution game- TV, movies vocabRealidades Spanish 2 7A vocab circumlocution game- comida
Realidades Spanish 2 8A Travel (coming soon! as an individual activity, but currently included in this bundle!)