Spanish 2+ Short Story/ Routine/Family/ Relationships+ Activities Included
Los adolescentes hoy en día (Perfect for Distance Learning)
Themes: La rutina, la familia y las relaciones (glossary included)
This resource includes the following:
*The story has approximately 11 pages with pictures.
1. Digital e-book story- Students can read like a book on their own devices. This is probably ideal for remote learning or Free Voluntary Reading reading on a personal device.
2. Digital Classroom version of the story: This is an 8.5 x11 document. It has fewer pages than the e-book option (same story, different format).
3. All activities in one zip document for quick access, followed by a separate file of each activity (both Word and PDF). Teachers can assign the story, and then the questions separately.
5. An answer key for all activities.
Synopsis in English (see the Spanish below).
When Myra's dad gets stuck in South America on a business trip, she has to pick up a little more slack at home; and she is not happy about the new reality. Her mother is doing the best she can to keep the family afloat, working from home, managing a career and three kids as a temporary single mother, and Myra is not being cooperative at all. She is more focused on her dreams, desires, and dates. Tensions rise, and all the cards are put on the table. Myra has a big decision to make. Should she put life on hold to help her family, or should she sacrifice their needs, to fulfills hers?
Spanish version (on the cover)
Myra tiene más responsabilidades en casa desde que su padre se fue de viaje. Ella debe ayudar a su madre y cuidar de sus hermanos. Pero ella tiene otros planes. ¿Myra debe vivir su vida o debe aceptar las nuevas responsabilidades sin quejarse?
What are the themes in this story?
This story explores family dynamics in the face of hardship, but also the work/life balance of parents and teens- they have a life too! It not related to quarantine, but that topic could easily fit with that theme.
This story would go well with a unit on Lifestyle, Routines, Family, Relationships, or just FVR reading. Level 2 Vocabulary: related to school, household chores, family, and relationships, routines, dating, reflexives verbs, "tener que+ infinitive" structures, present tense (with some past and simple future) *I am going to read this with my level, 1 students, this is one of the reasons the story as footnotes. It should be available this upcoming week (It has one more round of light editing), and of course, it comes with relatable pictures with activities.
This resource contains:
- Chapter 1: Comprehension Questions
- Chapter 2: True/False
- "Who said it" Activity For Chapters 1 &2
- Dialogue Based On Pictures Activity
- Personalized Question Activity
- Giving advice activity
- Chapter 3: Comprehension Questions
- Drawing & Writing Activity
- Chapter 4: Comprehension Questions
- Chapter 5: Comprehension Questions
- Extension Questions
- Alternate Ending Drawing and Writing Activity
- Answer key