Time to change it up ? Let's get those students out of their seats and speaking !
Students enjoy this activity as they get a chance to circulate the room and practice expressing themselves in Spanish.
What this activity involves :
1) a 10 question survey (emphasizing travel /airport / transportation vocabulary)
that students take.
2) After they have circled their choices, they walk around the classroom and try to
find out information from their classmates .
3)They record the students' names and their responses ( short answers as this is a
primarily a speaking activity)
Included in this exercise :
1. the survey itself
2. the questions for students to ask each other
3. a hand out for students to write down their classmates' names and the
information they've obtained from them.
4. Instructions and suggestions
Sample of Survey question:
Al hacer un viaje nos gusta llegar al aeropuerto:
A) dos horas antes del vuelo B) al último minuto C) media hora antes
del vuelo D) normalmente perdemos el vuelo E) Prefiero viajar en tren.
* The survey is primarily in the present tense.