Time for a change of pace?
Try this challenging reading about the origin of Caribbean music followed by a catchy song that students like.
• The reading comprehension is appropriate for an advanced Spanish 3 class, a
class with Native speakers or a Spanish 4 level class.
• The listening component is a Reggaeton song by a Cubano.
• In this activity, students read about the origin of Caribbean music and then
listen to the song and complete the missing lyrics.( mostly subjunctive)
•The reading on the origin of Carribbean music (about 2 pages long)
• 8 Comprehension questions on the reading.
• An answer key for the questions
• A copy of the lyrics of the song
• The song with blanks for students to fill in
*** I also have the song available separately, but you save by purchasing the
reading with the song.
*** You will have to find the song. It is on Youtube.