Time for a change of pace ? Try music.
This activity incorporates reading comprehension , listening and grammar recognition.
In this activity, students read about the creation of the song, listen to the song and complete the missing lyrics. They are also instructed to look for and recognize a variety of tenses.
Tenses in song to be recognized : Future, Preterit, Present Perfect and Present Subjunctive.
1) lyrics to the 2017 song Se que te Duele by Alejandro Fernandez ( son of Vicente Fernandez)
2) Lyrics with blanks for students to fill in.
3) a short history of the song for reading
4) Questions on the reading
5) A grammar component for the lyrics of the song.
6) an answer key to the reading questions
*** You will need to find the song on Youtuve to play as it is not included.