Need a challenging , but interesting project for students to work on independently (and hopefully enjoy) when special circumstances arrive?
This just may just work for you!
This reading project can be used in many circumstances:
• A week of Emergency Lesson Plans for a 3rd year Spanish class
• A side project for students who do not need a particular lesson that you are
reteaching to others.
• After having worked on reading comprehension for a while.
• When you return from surgery / bereavement or are not up to your usual
magnificent teacher self.
• When you need a break from being “ON” every second of the period.
What is included?
*** I have also included another copy of the story without the independent
assignments. This copy includes traditional comprehension questions and a
True/False assessment along with answer keys.
Some of the activities included in this project:
Note : This project is meant to be enjoyable, however it is a bit challenging and students may need dictionaries depending on the level of your students. You may also want to have them work together in pairs.
I have also included 2 versions of many assignments, one for more advanced students.
*** This is the same tale as my story , however, I have modified it with different assignments in order to allow students to work on it independently for an entire week.