Spanish A-Z Letra de la semana Year Long BUNDLE
Products in this Bundle (31)
showing 1-5 of 31 products
This year long bundle is perfect for students just beginning Spanish reading! It includes a book a week that focuses on Letter naming, fluency, beginning sounds, segmenting words, blending words, vocabulary development & sight words! I developed these little books with kindergartners in mind, but can be used with end of the year Pre-K, Dual Language students to students in 1st or 2nd who are learning to read in Spanish.
How is this program used?
- There are approximately 36 weeks of materials to use during small group instruction. Las vocales: can be used for a longer period of time but was created for 3 weeks in mind. This book can be stretched out the book to be used for approximately 5-6 weeks.
- Switch out books every Monday.
- These books were meant to be used during small group instruction from 15-20 minutes per day. There is a lot to cover in each book, so you may or may not get through the entire book daily. As students begin to work through each book, they are predictive with similar directions weekly.
What are people saying?
❤I use this resource to practice Spanish in my Guided Reading table. They follow our program and everything is ready for students to just open it and practice! They are fun and colorful! - Florinda M.
❤It is such a rarity to find good sources to use in a bilingual classroom. This source has been wonderful, my class LOVE the game boards and I use the fluency checks in small group! - Clara L.
❤Great activities for my kinder RTi group. - Jesse T.
❤My school doesn't have a curriculum for Spanish phonics, but this allowed me to decide how to introduce the letters and reinforce them throughout the year. - Maria H.
❤Great buy and amazing resource to have to use for fluency, assess students during centers/guided reading, etc. Our current curriculum does not incorporate anything like this so it was nice to come across this and save me all that work. Thanks! - Alejandra G.
What is included with each book?
- Each book consists of 8 pages of new materials each week, with the exception of Las vocales which is 24 pages. There is also a black & white version for students to use as additional practice at home.
- Each book contains a game that focuses on phonemic awareness and phonics activities surrounding the letter, syllables & sight words of the week. Students will develop beginning sounds knowledge, syllables & automaticity with their sight words taught throughout the week. They will practice segmenting words into syllables & sounds as well as blend syllables to form words.
- These books are sequential and follow the same sequence as the Maravillas Reading series. They are in no way associated or endorsed by the program.
- These books can be used with or without a reading program.
- There are DETAILED instructions for the teacher, substitute, or para that is using each book. They are good to have on hand, to use with your sub plans.
- Books are provided in color & black & white.
- Print enough books for one group. Laminate & Bind together. I printed my books back to back to save paper and laminate. I set up my printer to print pages 1, 3, 5, 7 and then reprinted pages 2, 4, 6, 8 on the back. I bound them with coil binding, but you can use the combs as well. They can be put in sleeves as well.
Directions for small group instruction:
- One teacher or para will read through this book with the students at the pacing of the students in your group. My more advanced group will be able to get through more pages than the others. I will also be using this during my intervention time with my students who need extra time.
- My small group reading happens for 45 minutes. My students are required to switch between myself and two paras. We rotate groups every 15 minutes. One of my paras will work on this with my kiddos.
- I have between 24-26 students and usually 8-9 kids per group.
Here are example directions for how to play the game board; new game boards each week.
- Show the students how to track around the gameboard. First start by naming each picture and have the students repeat to learn the vocabulary at the same time emphasizing beginning sounds.
- Read the entire gameboard while they watch me. I show them how I have 2 reading fingers; one from each hand while we bounce from each letter/word.
- Have the students track while you read the letters/words., If they know the letters, we read together. At the end of the week, we play a game as a small group. Roll the die (I have a die with #’s 1-3 on it). In the beginning, there is a LOT OF guidance. If the student is able to read the letter/word correctly they get to stay where they are (most of the time, it is a learning experience, so they stay anyway). The first person to make it to the end wins.
More Detailed instructions for every page is included in your materials.
Scope & Sequence:
- Unidad 0: Las vocales, Palabras: yo, puedo, soy
- Unidad 1, Semana 1: Letra M, ma me mi mo mu, Palabra: la
- Unidad 1, Semana 2: Letra P, pa pe pi po pu, Palabra: veo
- Unidad 1, Semana 3: Letra T, ta te ti to tu, Palabra: el
- Unidad 2, Semana 1: Letra L, la le li lo lu, Palabra: un
- Unidad 2, Semana 2: Letra S, sa se si so su, Palabra: es
- Unidad 2, Semana 3: Repaso FREE
- Unidad 3, Semana 1: Letra N, na ne ni no nu, Palabra: ella
- Unidad 3, Semana 2: Letra D, da de di do du, Palabra: y
- Unidad 3, Semana 3: Letra V, va ve vi vo vu, Palabra: voy
- Unidad 4, Semana 1: Letra B, ba be bi bo bu, Palabra: tiene
- Unidad 4, Semana 2: Letra F, fa fe fi fo fu, Palabra: este
- Unidad 4, Semana 3: Repaso
- Unidad 5, Semana 1: Letra R, ra re ri ro ru, Palabra: qué
- Unidad 5, Semana 2: Letra J, ja je ji jo ju, Palabra: por
- Unidad 5, Semana 3: Letra Y, ya ye yi yo yu, Palabra: gusta
- Unidad 6, Semana 1: Letra Ch, cha che chi cho chu, Palabras: mira, en
- Unidad 6, Semana 2: Letra Ñ, ña ñe ñi ño ñu, Palabras: juego, para
- Unidad 6, Semana 3: Repaso
- Unidad 7, Semana 1: Letra Ll, lla lle lli llo llu, Palabras: tengo, muy
- Unidad 7, Semana 2: Letra G, ga go gu, Palabras: quién, al
- Unidad 7, Semana 3: Letra C, ca co cu, Palabras: dónde, está
- Unidad 8, Semana 1: Letra Q, que qui, Palabras: dice, vamos
- Unidad 8, Semana 2: Letra r intermedia, ra re ri ro ru, Palabras: grande, pequeño
- Unidad 8, Semana 3: Repaso
- Unidad 9, Semana 1: Letra Z, za ze zi zo zu, Palabras: hago, familia
- Unidad 9, Semana 2: Letra C, ce ci, Palabras: con, también
- Unidad 9, Semana 3: Letra G, ge gi, Palabras: dónde, está
- Unidad 10, Semana 1: Letra K, ka ke ki ko ku, Palabras: hace, pero
- Unidad 10, Semana 2: Letra G, gue gui, Palabras: sin, más
- Unidad 10, Semana 3: Repaso
For any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org