These Spanish and English writing prompts for Kindergarten are designed to help you differentiate during writing time! They include prompts for the genres of informational, narrative, and opinion writing. These resources are great for dual language or bilingual classrooms!
Each of the prompts comes with several graphic organizers, many options for drafting paper (with built-in scaffolds), and publishing/final draft paper.
The built in-scaffolds are included directly on the printable drafting papers. You can easily print out 2-3 versions of paper for the same prompt - and give different groups of students different types of paper, depending upon their needs.
The scaffolds include sentence starters, word banks, and self-assessment checklists.
are great for helping students structure their writing, use transition words, and write in complete sentences.
provide language and vocabulary support.
help students learn to routinely self-assess their writing. They also help “fast finishers” slow down, edit, and revise their work!
Additionally, all graphic organizers and drafting papers include the prompt and a visual representation of the prompt to ensure that students understand the writing task.
The materials in this resource will:
- Allow you to quickly and easily differentiate your writing instruction
- Provide guidance and a consistent structure to help students learn the stages in the writing process
- Support language learners, students with special needs, and struggling writers
- Help you cut down on planning time (these are all “print and go,” no prep resources!)
Here’s what’s included:
- 20 different informational writing prompts in SPANISH and ENGLISH (40 prompts total, 20 in each language)
- 20 different narrative writing prompts in SPANISH and ENGLISH (40 prompts total, 20 in each language)
- 20 different opinion writing prompts in SPANISH and ENGLISH (40 prompts total, 20 in each language)
- A full page poster for each prompt - great for introducing the prompt and/or creating bulletin board displays
- 1-3 graphic organizer options per prompt
- 12 different options for drafting paper per prompt (variations in the scaffolds provided, as well as the number of lines on the page)
- 3 different options for publishing or final draft paper per prompt
- Instructions video and carefully organized files to help you locate materials quickly
Please view the FREE preview file before you purchase!
Note: For the Spanish component, all student materials are included in Spanish, and teacher directions are in English.
This is a bundle of the following resources, which can also be purchased separately:
- SPANISH Kindergarten Writing Prompts
- ENGLISH Kindergarten Writing Prompts
By: Learning At The Primary Pond