Spanish Accents Lesson Plans and Curriculum Distance Learning
Los planes de estudio para la acentuación
No prep! No book!
Would you like your Native, Heritage and English speakers to master the placement of orthographic and diacritic accents? These Spanish Accents lesson plans and PowerPoints teach "las reglas de la acentuación" and provide the necessary practice for your students to write the accents correctly. All resources are editable. Digital versions included for distance learning.
- "This made teaching accents so much easier and saved me a ton of time to prep for class!"
- "Love all of Angie's resources. Excited to use this unit with my students."
- "So helpful!"
- "Loved it. Very easy explanations."
The Spanish Accents Lesson Plans and Curriculum include the following:
- 297 PowerPoint Slides
- 151-slide Spanish Accents PowerPoint
- The rules for the syllabic division of words
- The rules for Spanish accents and pronunciation: “Las reglas de la acentuación”
- Paired competition
- Explanation of “diptongos y hiatos”
- Practice in which students identify “diptongos y hiatos”
- Combination of letters that are never divided
- Practice in which students pronounce the word according to the rule without the accent
- Practice in which students write in the accents where appropriate
- Dictation in which students write in the accents where appropriate
- Acentos diacríticos (for example, the difference between "sólo"and "solo", "tú" and "tu")
- "Palabras llanas, agudas, esdrújulas and sobresdrújulas"
- At the end of this section of the Accents PowerPoint is a cute story using most of the differentiated accents illustrated with photographs.
- Each section of LOS ACENTOS PowerPoint has practices immediately after the explanation for checking for understanding, guided practice and closure activities which can be used as competitions. Answers are included in all activities. Students internalize the rules by pronouncing common words as they would be pronounced without accents. They say where the emphasis is in each word and why.
The Spanish Accents PowerPoint can be used with levels one all the way to Spanish Four. The explanation of accents and practice can be used for level one. The rest can be used for level four. YOU WILL NEED MICROSOFT OFFICE 2002 or later in order to open the password-protected PowerPoint.
- Nine 90-minute lesson plans or lesson plans for 13.5 days on a regular schedule. The Spanish Accent Lesson Plans include:
- EDI Lesson Plans with direct instruction, checking for understanding, practice and closure
- A folder for each day’s lesson with all resources and necessary materials included in each folder
- Homework with PowerPoint answers
- Bell Work
- Handouts for students
- Attention-getters (memes, jokes)
- List of necessary items for each day’s lesson
- Test on all accents, orthographic and diacritic
- Dialogues in which students must write in accents according to the pronunciation they hear
- Instructions for a story which students must write in which they include words with "acentos diacríticos" and words without (For example: esta vs. ésta)
- Model story with "acentos diacríticos"
- A practice activity in which students translate the sentences based on the accents and put in the accents based on the meaning.
- "I can" goal statements for student self-reflection
- Google Slides digital versions for use in Google Classroom, other Google and digital platforms, and distance learning
To receive free resources, discounts, and notifications of new products, click on the following link to follow my store: ANGIE TORRE
OTHER PRODUCTS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU
Spanish Subjunctive Lesson Plans &Curriculum
AP Spanish Lesson Plans & Curriculum for an Entire Year
For more ideas and resources, please visit my website/blog: www.bestpowerpointsforspanishclass.com
Or my Pinterest Boards: https://www.pinterest.com/asherbody
Spanish Accents Lesson Plans and Curriculum by Angie Torre is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.