Thematic Unit about animals that JUMP and animals that FLY.
Who doesn't love to learn about animals and insects? This themed resource tells uses repetitive vocabulary that is easy to follow and build upon. The pages can be made into a packet for your Spanish learners. This lesson can span 1-2 months worth of classes. It is perfect for novice to intermediate levels.
*Note: I created the to use with the series "Oh, Noah!" The Episode is called "Hop, Look, and Listen" My students loved doing the animal actions too.
Spanish Animal Names
Animales que saltan:
- el saltamontes, la rana, el conejo, el canguro
Animales que vuelan:
- el pájaro, la mosca, la abeja, la mariposa, la mariquita
Spanish Adjectives and Verbs:
- grande/pequeõ, más grande que/más pequeño que
- come/comen: plantas, flores, insectos
- Saltar: salta/saltan
- Volar: vuela/vuelan
Los Partes del Cuerpo
- la cabeza, los brazos, las piernas, los pies
- alas, patas, antenas, plumas
- Colorful slides as a slides tell about animals that jump.
- Verbs are used in 3rd person singular and plural
- Compare and contrast the animals and insects.
- Compare and contrast the parts of the body.
- BW pages for students to color after completing the acitvities.
- Activities include: complete the scene, fill in the missing sentences.
- For younger learners: trace over animal names, trace complete sentences.
- worksheet pages for more advanced learners:
- fill in the blank (with the correct verb form singular and plural)
- true or false page
- "¿Quién soy yo?" (Who am I?) guessing game. The clues use 1st person verb forms and the answer is in 2nd person.
- ANSWER KEYS for the pages that require answers.
- TOU and Credits.
Please email me with any quesitons.