This is a gallery walk activity that I do with my students to review time in Spanish I. It includes time where students will need to write the long version of the time (they see the numbers and need to write out what it is in words), as well as writing the short version in numbers (they see the long version in words, and they write the time in numbers). It is 31 pages, and will take students 15-20 minutes to complete. Below are the instructions for setting up the activity:
1. Print out one set of this activity (one side only).
2. I like to laminate mine so that they will last.
3. Mix the papers up well! If they are in order, then it defeats the purpose of the activity.
4. Put papers up on the walls, chalkboards, lockers, etc. not in order. The more out of order, the better!
5. What students do:
a. Take out a blank piece of paper.
b. Find a paper on the wall/chalkboard/etc. and stand in front of it.
c. Answer the question and write their answer down on their paper.
d. Find the paper with the corresponding answer at the top of the paper in small print, and then answer that questions, and repeat
1. For example, if your question is Escribe la hora en números- son las siete de la mañana, you would write down 7:00 a.m. on your paper, and then find the paper that has 7:00 a.m. written at the top of the paper, and then answer that question on that paper.
e. I allow students to work together in groups of 2 if they feel that they need to or want the extra support.