Spanish Back to School Language Proficiency Puzzle 1st day of Spanish stations
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- What to do on the 1st day of Spanish class? This Spanish class back to school bundle includes everything you need for a successful first week of Spanish class. This is the perfect Spanish back to school bundle for a first-year Spanish teacher or your first year at a new school with a focus on WorldPrice $14.99Original Price $17.99Save $3.00
- This is a bundle of FRENCH resources available from Mis Clases Locas. This French Bundle is perfect for back to school. Start French 1 with more Comprehensible input and confidence! Variations of these CI French class resources could be used in French 1, French 2, or French 3. Included Resources forPrice $44.99Original Price $55.92Save $10.93
- Are you new to teaching Spanish with comprehensible input and wondering where to start the 1st weeks of Spanish? This Spanish back to school activities mega bundle includes everything you need for successful first weeks of teaching all levels of Spanish class. Actividades para el regreso a classes.TPrice $72.99Original Price $103.38Save $30.39
- Are you looking for Editable Google Drive Digital resources for Spanish class for the 2022-2023 school year? If you are doing distance learning, hybrid learning, or paperless learning in Spanish 1, Spanish 2, or Spanish 3, this is exactly the bundle you are looking for. Spanish class full distance lPrice $112.99Original Price $132.37Save $19.38
The language proficiency puzzle is a must-have for the first week of any World Language classes stations. This back-to-school printable or digital activity is for World Language students to gain an awareness and begin to distinguish the various world language proficiency levels. Actividades para el regreso a classes.
The proficiency puzzle is created in English and would be great for any World Language Class, including Spanish, French, German, and more.
⭐️ For the best deal, get this resource as a part of the Back to School Bundle
Included in the back to school World Language Proficiency Puzzle
- ✅ 10-page color PDF document, with a link to interactive editable Google Slides in the directions.
- ✅ Printable Paper manipulative Puzzle option to cut out (laminated in advance to use with many classes year after year) - 10 pages
- ✅ NEW low ink Black & White Printable puzzle version - 10 pages
- ✅ Digital version option in Google Slides - move the pieces around digitally without any printing or cutting.
- ✅ Projectable answer key is included as well.
- ✅ NEW - Self-Checking EASEL version of the proficiency puzzle
- ✅ Bonus Pear Deck to use with students digitally created by Claudia Elliot. It is linked to the instructions page.
- ✅ All versions include proficiency levels & descriptors for Novice and Intermediate (low, mid & high), including Interpretive, Interpersonal, and Presentational Communication
Why use this original Proficiency Puzzle in the 1st week of school?
- ⭐️ Explain ACTFL proficiency levels to any World Language class
- ⭐️ Students understand what they need to be successful
- ⭐️ Help students take ownership of their learning & set goals
- ⭐️ Fun & tangible exercise - use as a cooperative 1st-week station
An example of using both the paper and digital puzzle during the 1st week
- Have students work in small groups to complete the paper puzzle as one of their 1st week of school stations.
- Correct the puzzles, by discussing proficiency levels as a class, and showing the expectation of that class via your syllabus.
- Then have students individually turn in the digital proficiency puzzle version for personal accountability or an exit ticket or for homework. With it they can also share their proficiency goals for the semester in each mode of communication.
A bestseller for back to school in Spanish class with 225+ 5 star reviews
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ This puzzle helped students see the progression of proficiency. We used the Google Slides version in order to maintain social distancing in the classroom and it worked well. - Shanda H
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ I am using this resource to introduce my students to proficiency levels. A great resource to verbalize with them about the levels. - Tanya H
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ This was a great activity for me (as a new middle school teacher) and the students to understand and visualize the different levels. Bien hecho! - Ester B
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ This is an EXCELLENT way to explain the ACTFL proficiency levels to my students!! Well worth every penny in order to get students to understand what they need to do to be successful in class!! It has helped my students take ownership of their learning thanks to your tangible exercise! It was FUN too!!! - Karen
- ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ This is useful. It's so important for students to have an understanding of what is expected, and they appreciate the clarity along with the engaging format. Thanks! - Victoria K
Bundle up to save $$
⭐️ Get the Back to School Bundle for everything you need the first week including this Proficiency Puzzle plus Syllabus, Pre Unit 1, Parent Newsletter, 1st Week Slideshow & Lesson Plan templates.
Other resources you might like for back to school
- ⭐️ Questions Cards - mi verano (past tense)
- ⭐️ Find Someone Who - Mi Verano (past tense).
- ⭐️ Back to School: High Frequency Verbs Unit
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF Download. You must have an updated PDF reader to download. There is a link to the editable Google version in the instructions.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information check out Proficiency Puzzle Blog Post
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
- Collaborate with me on Instagram (Take pictures using this resource and tag me!)
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.