This is a great game to use for reinforcing learning basic Spanish Vocabulary! This game plays just like traditional BINGO, only using pictures of simple Spanish vocabulary. Each student receives a BINGO card and places markers on each square as the letter-vocabulary combination is called out by the teacher. The teacher places a marker or circles the letter-vocabulary combination on the master BINGO card to keep track of the combinations called out. The first student to get BINGO, (5 in a row vertically, horizontally, or diagonally), wins.
NOTE: 10 unique BINGO cards included.
Prior to playing this game, students should be familiar with the following Spanish vocabulary:
• Numbers 1-20 (10, 12, 15)
• Colors (rojo, azul, verde)
• Time on the hour (1:00, 4:00, 8:00)
• Animals (el gato, la vaca, la tortuga, la ballena, la rana)
• Verbs (cantar, leer, esquiar, correr, montar en bicicleta)
• Food (la hamburguesa, el pastel, la sandía)
• Locations (la fiesta, el parque, la biblioteca)
Use this game either to reinforce what students should already know, or use it as a learning game and teach students this basic Spanish vocabulary while you play the game.
Use my favorite YouTube video in Spanish about a "ghost dog" named BINGO to get kids in the mood to play this classic game! (YouTube link included with game instructions.)